ODataDB is an ASP.NET application that allows working with databases via OData.
Accordingly, users may use OData clients to get and edit database data over the Internet.
For example, users may use Microsoft Excel with the SaveToDB add-in installed.
ODataDB brings huge advantages for database developers as the applications are configured on the server side.
Moreover, database developers may create full-featured tree-tier applications using database development skills only.
ODataDB allows implementing OData web services without creating Entity Framework models using Visual Studio.
- ODataDB is a ready-to-use solution.
Just configure an application on IIS or IIS Express and configure database connection strings.
- ODataDB connects to databases under user credentials.
So users may get and update only permitted data.
- ODataDB publishes tables automatically.
The application shows the same objects as for direct connections using IDE.
- The applications are configured using database configuration objects.
- ODataDB supports several major databases from the box.
- ODataDB supports client connections with OData versions 1.0-4.0.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition
- Oracle Database
- IBM DB2
- MySQL and MariaDB
You may start learning about ODataDB on the following topics: